Subterranean Termites are a huge concern in Hampton Roads Virginia and can cause substantial damage to homes and properties. Find out how to prevent termites and how our advanced termite treatment gets rid of termites.
Termite Treatment Solutions
PESTOUT treats termite infestations with Termidor. Termidor works because soldier termites can’t detect the pesticide, so the workers bring it back to the colony. Our three-part treatment includes:
- Trenching & Rodding: Fill a 2”x4” trench around the soil perimeter of the house with a product called Termidor.
- Vertical Drilling: This gets the product under slabs of concrete.
- Wall Void Foaming: This treats the drywall and insulation. It’s injected into the wall and expands 30 to 1.
Call (757) 814-2923 to schedule a termite inspection, treatment or preventive treatment, or fill out the online form.
Subterranean termites are sometimes referred to as “white ants.” They are not ants, but do look similar. Subterranean termites are white in color due to lack of sun, as they live underground or in wood.
Termite colonies can hold as many as 60,000 termites. This many termites eating the wood in your home can lead to a lot of damage.
Evidence of Termites
While it can be difficult to detect termites in your home or property’s walls and floors, termites do leave some clues. As many as 80 percent of people don’t know they have a termite infestation!
- Swarmers: They fly around and are the virgin Queens and Kings looking to mate and create a new colony.
- Soft wall: When you push on the wall it feels soft and sounds crunchy.
- Exit holes: Termites can create holes in the wood as small as pinholes.
- Mud tubes: What looks like sand or saw dust along baseboards or floors could be an indication of termites.
If you have noticed any of these warning signs, call PESTOUT or fill out our online form for a free inspection.
- Termite Prevention
- Termite Treatment
- Advanced Pest Control
Complete the form below to request a free termite inspection.
While termites are prolific in Hampton Roads, there are measures you can take to protect your home and property.
- Termites are attracted to moisture, so keep your house dry, especially under the house and in crawl spaces.
- Make sure water drains away from the house with downspouts and extenders.
- Inspect for and fix plumbing leaks right away.
- Have your house inspected specifically for termites regularly and, if necessary, treated. Develop a termite plan for your property with a reputable pest control company like PESTOUT. Regular pest control does not necessarily mean your house is being treated for termites, you need a termite treatment and protection plan.
PESTOUT has termite protection and treatment plans.
Protect your home and property with regular termite prevention and treatment plans with PESTOUT. We offer a warranty on our termite treatments. Call for details (757) 814-2923.