Get rid of ants in your house with PESTOUT, and by following these ant control tips.
Ants forage for food and water, and your home is the perfect place to find what they’re looking for.
How can you keep ants out of your home?
First, call PESTOUT. We can treat your home to help get rid of the ants and prevent them from coming back. This includes treating your yard too! Call (757) 814-2923
Second, you need to remove food and water sources. Here are some tips.
- Keep the house clean and clean up food crumbs. Ants like the spaces between cabinets and appliances where crumbs can fall.
- Clean up pet food and urine/feces. Don’t leave pet food out in the house for long periods of time or unsealed.
- Store sugar-based food, honey, syrup, etc. in sealed containers and clean the outside surfaces.
- If you eat outside, do it away from the house.
- Fix leaky faucets inside and out. Ants are attracted to moisture which is why in addition to kitchens, you also see them in bathrooms and laundry rooms.
- Check HVAC lines for moisture drips.
- Grade the yard away from the house.
- Rake leaves away from the house foundation.
- Trim back trees and bushes, so they don’t touch the house.
Types of Ants common in Hampton Roads:
- Sugar/Black/Brown Ants
- Carpenter Ants
- Red/Fire Ants
Call PESTOUT for:
- Professional, Personal and Prompt Pest Control Service.
- Child and Pet-safe Solutions.
- Cutting-edge Techniques and Products.
Call today or fill out our form below, so PESOUT can take care of your ant problem!
Why should you use a pest control professional over purchasing ant control products at the store?
Each year, many people accidentally poison and contaminate their house and property. Pest control technicians are trained to apply pesticides in a safe, effective manner consistent with the label, and we follow up as needed at no additional charge as part of the service. We vary pesticides and save clients time and headaches when there are stubborn infestations. We also offer different products when keeping in mind babies, pets, koi ponds, grazing animals, etc.
PESTOUT knows ants, and we provide safe and affordable ant treatments for your home and yard.
Call (757) 814-2923 to get rid of your ants!
Bottom photo courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net by Tongrajantaduang.